“We are a consumer driven organization that actively promotes full participation in society for people with disabilities.”
- We raise awareness for barrier-free in areas such as accessibility, education, employment,housing, transportation, income security and support services.
- We will support Saskatchewan residents with disabilities with social policy research and consultation, public education programs, information and referral services.
- We foster the personal involvement of people with disabilities in the removal of personal and physical barriers to full and equal participation in the community.
- We connect with First Nations People with disabilities to improve access to service and quality of life, both on and off the reserve.
- We collaborate with coalitions of disabled groups to submit disability issues to federal government parliamentary committees and task forces.
- We design income support programs, educational and training strategies along with the provincial government and other agencies.
- We ensure inclusion of persons with disabilities under the Saskatchewan Human Rights Act and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- We research abuse of people with disabilities and their rights to access independent living programs and services.
- We assist with navigating “systems” for individuals and families.